Inform Us of a Maintenance Issue
Simply fill out the form to the left and we will address your maintenance issue. If it is an emergency that requires immediate attention, please call (704) 944-5501. Once completed allow for 48-72 hours response time for non-emergency request.
If this is a life threatening emergency call 911 immediately.
For Emergency situations involving the Property, call the office during normal business hours or call the emergency line after hours AND submit an online maintenance request using the form below. Please call Carod Properties Emergency Line 877-62-CAROD and select the Option for emergency calls.
A non-emergency call to the emergency line or a non-emergency reported as an emergency will be charged a $150.00 fee, vendor costs, maintenance surcharges, and any fines levied by governing bodies. As a Tenant, you are required to care for and maintain the Property. Proper care and maintenance include keeping a clean, uncluttered, and safe home. Below in a brief listing of items that are typical tenant responsibilities that also coincide with your signed Maintenance Addendum.
Release of Key
Please note that Carod Properties strictly prohibits the release of a key to any vendor and requires an adult over the age of 18 to present for any maintenance request scheduled..
- HVAC Filters - You are responsible for changing HVAC filters on a regular basis roughly every 60-90 days. If you are found to have excessively dirty filters during your inspections or otherwise, Carod Properties will change your filters and bill you for the cost of the filters plus $50.00 change fee.
- Property Exterior - Unless your lease states otherwise, you are responsible for lawn care (mowing, trimming, blowing), keeping neatly trimmed shrubs, weeding natural areas and plant beds, cleaning gutters, and not keeping personal property in the front or sides of the Property or debris anywhere at the Property. Also refer to the HOA regulations and policies.
- Reporting of Maintenance Item that are not your responsibility - You are responsible for reporting any maintenance issue that arises that is not your responsibility. You can file a maintenance request using the form below or by submission in writing to the office by fax. Remember to include your name (as written on the lease), your contact information, the Property Address, details of the problem, photos of the problem (if possible).
- Extermination - If you see an abnormal amount of insects inside a property, submit a maintenance request. You will not be charged for the pest extermination unless the extermination company finds that poor housekeeping is responsible for the insect problem.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors - Carod Properties replaces all detectors with a new battery when the lease is signed. Thereafter, you are responsible for keeping a working battery in all detectors. You are responsible for testing each detector at least once each month. If the detector fails the test, you are responsible for replacing the battery at your expense. If, after testing and replacement of the battery, the detector fails to operate, you are required to notify Carod Properties in writing.
- Reasonable Repair Time - Please allow 2-3 business days to be contacted for non-emergency repairs. If you are not contacted about a repair request that you submitted, please call the office.
- Plumbing - All plumbing issues resulting in the overflow of water from a toilet and sink requires the tenant to make contact with a licensed plumber prior to calling for a repair. Otherwise any repair reported and diagnosed for a clogged (bold this word please) toilet, sink or garbage disposal and any damages related shall be the responsibility of the tenant. The minimum charge of $250 for the visit and additional costs for after hours and weekends shall apply for plumbing issues caused by obstructions and clogs due to tenant related behavior.