Informed sellers are often the most satisfied sellers, with the SOLD sign up and their goals achieved. To be informed, make sure you understand the trends in your local market, know how to make your house appealing, and work with an expert agent.
Whether your goal is the highest possible price or the fastest sale, there is a best time to sell your house in Charlotte.
Best Time for the Best Price
Sales numbers for 2014-2017 show that October is when to close, because sales in that month went for 16.84% above the average Charlotte home price. For an October sale, list and begin showing in August. June also made a strong sales in these years, with prices at 14.58% above average.
Best Time for the Quickest Sale
In Charlotte, the 2014-2017 sales numbers show that August is the best month for the fastest sale, when homes (listed in June) spent 7.7 fewer days on the market than average. July was a close second, with 7 fewer days to sale, and September comes in third with 4 fewer days.
So, whatever your goals, summer is going to feature in your best home-selling plan.
Best Tips for Summer Selling
Nature is your ally, with summer leaves and flowers to boost valuable curb appeal. You and Nature need to work as a team because your house makes its all-important first impression outside. The tips here not only beautify that first impression, but may even increase your home’s value. Your summer home maintenance checklist should include:
- Cleanliness: Clear away toys and garden tools, and pressure wash the surfaces prospective buyers will look at. Rented inexpensively from your local home store, a pressure washer takes care of walls, driveways, decks, patios, etc.
- Paint: Peeling paint is a “red flag,” making buyers wonder what else in the house has been neglected. Bad first impression! Touch up wherever needed. The front door especially benefits from a fresh, bright coat of paint. Consult with your agent if you think the whole house requires painting.
- Lawn: Lush grass is an ROI winner, consistently bringing 100% or more return on investment for reseeding (over 400%!), sod, and/or grooming. A well-maintained lawn shouts that a house has been well cared for. Mowing in diagonal lines will actually make your lawn look bigger, and edge-trimming is the final perfect touch.
- Repairs: Exterior “accessories” need to be in good shape. Replace broken shutters or roof shingles. Check that gutters are securely attached, not leaking, and free of blockages. No broken fences, walkways, or lights. Also, new house numbers are a stylish update that helps buyers find you.
- Staging: Stage your outdoor spaces, such as porches and decks, as you would your rooms. Arrange comfortable furniture and vignettes that suggest the wonderful lifestyle these areas provide.
- Pretty Planting: Add coordinated color with native flowers in garden beds, along walkways, and in pots. But don’t overdo: aim for attractive pops of color that enhance your look.
The best advice about your local market and your particular house will come from the Carod Properties expert real estate agent you’re working with. They will guide you in all aspects of your best home sale.